Tips to Make the Most Airy Eggless Cakes
Most people believe that eggs are an integral part of any cake recipe. But that is just a fallacy. It’s possible to bake the most delicious cakes even without eggs; and they can be as delectable and beautifully-textured as cakes made with eggs. You will be surprised to know that there is truly a wide range of options to choose from.
Today, a lot of people are choosing to embrace vegetarianism; and this also means they avoid eating eggs just as vegans do. Some people are intolerant to eggs and develop allergies when they eat them. However, it isn’t really necessary for a diet to be boring just because no eggs are included in it. The fact is that you can make soft and delicious vegan cakes if you know how to bake them right.
Tips to keep in view
It’s also possible to bake delicious goodies without any eggs. Let’s take a look at how to make the most delectable, eggless cakes.
- Conventionally, eggs are used in a cake to bind the other ingredients together and it helps make the cake very light and airy. When you bake a cake without using any egg in it, it tends to become very heavy – quite like cookies. The one way to make a very light & airy cake without using eggs is to use baking soda and vinegar.When you hear this, it sounds like a very strange mix; but the fact is that these two ingredients react together to make your cake rise & it gives the cake a very light finish. You have to use very little white distilled vinegar and you will hardly be able to discern the taste.
- Ensure that you thoroughly beat all the butter/oil/margarine that’s part of the recipe, with the syrup or sugar. In most eggless cake recipes, its best to use a whip to combine all the ingredients instead of just mixing them – the mixture you get will mimic the distinctive texture of whipped eggs.
- Once you have incorporated air into the mixture, add the dry ingredients carefully, little-by-little. This will prevent the mix from deflating. Use a very gentle folding movement, in a single direction. This will ensure the air from the previously combined mix doesn’t escape.
- It can be very tempting to open up the oven while the cake is baking inside, just to check whether it’s done. But, were you aware that every time you open up the oven door, there is a heat loss of at least 30 degrees. However, it’s okay to open up the oven door and check the cake for doneness, when there are only a few minutes of baking left.
- The other important thing to keep in view when you are baking an eggless cake is that you should remove it from your pan as soon as possible, after you have removed it from the oven. If you let the cake sit in the pan for too long, it can collapse, even if it has cooked to the core. Not only will this make your eggless cake flat & dense, but will mar its beauty too.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack as this will permit the air to circulate all across the cake. This will ensure even and quick cooling of the cake, which will help it retain its airy and light texture.
If you follow these tips while baking your eggless cake, you will find significant difference in the way it turns out. It will be airy and light and will easily spring back to the touch – exactly as a regular cake (with eggs) would.
At Ganache Patisserie you will find fantastic eggless cakes for all occasions. Come and explore our delicious and scrumptious world of goodies and savoury treats.
Thanks for reading,
(02) 9967 2882